No products in the basket.
There are lots of complex and confusing things in life already…looking after your skin doesn’t need to be one of them! Here are some simple tips and tricks to ensure that you have radiant skin during Summer.
1. Stay hydrated! Drink 2-4 litres of water per day. Add a bit of lemon for extra hydration and for a bit of flavour even soak a herbal teabag in warm temperature water. Once it’s a habit to drink lots of water, you’ll never go back!
2. Stay away from dairy – milk, yoghurt, milk chocolate, cream, ice cream etc. It’s mucus forming and it doesn’t do your skin any favours!
3. Don’t touch your face! You touch everything else with your hands, so unless you’re washing your face (after you’ve washed your hands)…no touching your face!
4. Eat loads of antioxidants – this is also really yummy! Grapes, berries, nuts, rooiboos tea, eggplant, pumpkin, leafy greens…the list goes on. Get excited by these kinds of foods and your skin will love you for it!
5. Exfoliate your face and body at least once a week to remove dead skin cells and leave smooth skin.
6. Change your pillowcases often and sleep with a window open – this will aid your sleep and help you wake feeling refreshed. You spend approximately 8 hours with your face upon your pillow – so make sure you keep them clean!
7. For those who wear makeup, take it off before bed! No exceptions.
8. Make cleansing a ritual and enjoy it! Do it for you. Washing your face with gratitude is something you can do for yourself to really thank yourself for the day.
9. Look in the mirror and thank yourself for the day! It seems dorky at first, but now I look forward to the bit before bed where I congratulate myself for the day – even if it’s just a quiet little “Well done”.
10. Get a moderate amount of sunshine. Dosing up on Vitamin D is a wonderful part of Summer, but getting sunburnt is not the ideal outcome! If you do get too much sun, make sure you hydrate your skin from the inside out and the outside in! This means drinking lots more water than you usually would and covering yourself in hydrating treatments.
11. Wash your hands and face after exercising; running, yoga, riding your bike or slack-lining! Your pores are wide open when you get sweaty, so whatever it is you do to be active…be aware of how you can keep your skin clean while you do that.
12. Ask for help! If you’re having problems with something, be it your skin, your family, diet or what colour bedspread to invest in…ask for help!