No products in the basket.
You see the world out of your eyes, so you might as well make it a clear and beautiful sight, right?
Taking care of your eyes doesn’t need to be a chore.
It can be a loving gift to yourself…
It’s all about finding simple and nourishing ways to enjoy the process
– Take time to look at the sky! Morning, afternoon, night…any “sky time” you can get is doing your eyes a favour!
– Use kind products on your eyes… if your nose doesn’t like the smell, chances are your eyes won’t enjoy the effects! Your eyes are delicate. Be kind to them. Mascara’s made from clay are always a better choice than things you can barely pronounce.
– While you’re using friendly products on your eyes, you can also use friendly products to get makeup off your eyes! EVOHE Omega 3.6.9 works wonders to get any mascara, eye shadow and eyeliner off, without stinging or causing any irritation to your lookers!
– Drink Eye Bright tea! Who would have thought it? It’s tasty, has a little bit of caffeine, and is said to assist with memory and cognitive function – all while your eyes are bright and shiny!
– Give yourself a break from any screens; phones, computers, televisions! We spend so much time looking at a screen these days… Take breaks often. Look at natural light, and even just play with your depth perception with objects around the room.
– Invite a friend over, cut up some chilled cucumber, put on your EVOHE Silica Mask, turn the volume on your favourite album. Cucumbers on eyes, legs up the wall, Silica Mask on while you enjoy great company, great music and great friends. Your eyes are bound to glow after a self-nurturing routine such as this!
– Try gazing at an organic candle for a few minutes, or until your eyes begin to water. This process is called trataka and helps clear the eyes and calm the mind = excellent outcome!
– Reuse your herbal tea bags! Once you’ve let your tea steep for 5-10 mins, rather than discarding the tea bags, let them cool while you drink your cup of tea, and then lay down and pop them on your eyes for 5-10 mins. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge while you tally up your tea bag count. My favourite teas for this are Rooibos and a combination of Peppermint & Tulsi. It’s best to make sure that tea bags you’re placing on your eyes don’t have any caffeine, and are organic. It’s your eyes we’re talking about here
– When reading, make sure that you have adequate lighting. There’s no need to make your eyes work harder than they have to. My dad used to say “If you can’t see your fingerprints, it’s too dark to be reading!” Thanks, Dad! I still check my fingerprints as soon as I open a book.
– Last but not least, be gentle with the area around your eyes! It’s delicate. When washing your face, slow down around your eyes and be sure to use an antibacterial face washer like this Bamboo Face Cloth. It will prevent any unwanted nasties getting into your eyes and skin x
“The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides” – Audrey Hepburn
Written by Melanie Manawa – not a qualified health practitioner, just a lover of simplicity and self-nurture.
Want to share how you take care of yourself? We always love to hear from you!
Feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your Self-Nurture tools!
With love, Melanie and the EVOHE Team xx