No products in the cart.
As the seasons change, so does our skin! This time of year can be particularly harsh on skin resulting in irritations, redness, cracked skin, itchiness and flakiness. The change in temperature and humidity draws away oil and moisture from our skin, resulting in our skin being seriously depleted. BUT there are some things you can do to save your skin:
- Avoid hot showers – hot showers can cause further irritation to skin and throw your skin’s balance out of whack, leading to excessive dryness. Try to be mindful of just how hot your water is and instead opt for a nice warm shower, which will help to keep all the good nourishment in your skin. Also try using filtered water instead of chlorinated water to wash your face, you will be amazed at what a difference it can make.
- Keep hydrated – think about moisturising from the inside-out. Make sure you are getting your daily recommended water intake and replacing any depleted hydration levels. For the outside, it is vital to use compatible hydration to keep skin nourished and balanced. We recommend our Omega 3.6.9 for face and Omega Body for body as both are rich in Omegas 3, 6 and 9 which are specifically balanced with the skin for optimum hydration. If you prefer a cream for the body, our recommendation would be the Body Lotion, full of delicious Tasmanian Lavender and packed with nourishing actives.
- Stay on top of dead skin cells – skin that has been exposed to environmental elements and suffering dryness will require a little extra boost. Gentle masks and exfoliants offer a great option for removing these cells and retaining moisture for both face and body. It’s important to focus on using gentle products as strong peels or masks could further exacerbate your skin. For face, we recommend our Silica Mask which contains natural Australian White Clay which will help to remove dead skin cells. Aloe Vera will soothe and help keep skin thoroughly nourished. For body, we recommend the Espresso Scrub Bar which is like a mini massage for your skin (plus it smells divine!).
- Avoid alcohol based products – this is super important, especially for skin prone to dryness. Alcohol-based products can cause further irritation and excessive dryness. It’s also good to check other products that come into contact with your face or body.
- Don’t neglect hands and feet – our hands and feed work super hard…all day long, so it’s important that we take care of them. Our hands often show the first signs of aging, so moisturising your hands daily is crucial to keep hands looking youthful. Cracked heels are also a common concern which can easily be prevented through regular hydration, who wants cracked heels? Not us! We recommend using our Hand Cream or Repair Intensive with some moisture socks and moisture socks for an instant overnight pick-me-up.
You can try all these products in our LIMITED EDITION Seasonal Skin Saver Pack here