No products in the cart.
Rosemary-Infused Cucumber Lemonade
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup, (see Note)
- Cut 12 thin slices of cucumber for garnish.
- Peel and chop the rest of the cucumber; transfer to a food processor, add rosemary and puree. Pour the puree through a fine-mesh strainer set over a medium bowl or large measuring cup. Press on the solids to extract all the juice. Add water, lemon juice and agave syrup to the cucumber juice; stir until the agave is dissolved. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with cucumber slices and rosemary sprigs.
- Agave syrup or nectar is the naturally sweet juice extracted from the agave plant. It has a lower glycemic index than table sugar, but is even sweeter. Use it in moderation when substituting for table sugar. Look for it near other sweeteners in natural-foods stores.
Frosted Strawberry Lemonade
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 cups lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut water (or regular) ice cubes
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- lemon slices and/or mint leaves for garnish
- optional: fresh strawberries blended in
Directions: Blend and Serve!
Recipe from: www.lunchboxbunch.com
Sweet and Zingy Mocktail
Melon and apple add a natural sweetness, celery and ginger add edge and spiciness, and sparkling water gives the beverage a little fizz. Whether you’re looking to detox or to replace your 5 p.m. cocktail, here’s a simply satisfying mocktail recipe to get you started.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 whole honeydew melon
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 apple
- 1/4-inch piece of ginger
- 1 750ml bottle of sparkling water
- Salt to taste
- For the garnish: 4 citrus slices (optional)
- Put all ingredients except sparkling water and salt through a fruit and vegetable juicer. Mix the juice with the sparkling water; serve over ice.
- Garnish with a citrus slice (optional) and toast away!
Recipe from: www.fitsugar.com