No products in the cart.
Have you heard the saying – “if you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin”? This is one of our favourite sayings here at EVOHE..
Truth is: everything we put on our skin soaks in! The skin is our largest organ and it acts like a big sponge. Any chemicals we expose ourselves to will eventually end up in our bloodstream and that is a very scary thought!
Thank goodness here at EVOHE we have a clear conscious as the ingredients we use in our products come from the most pure and natural sources available. In fact, a proprietary blend of herbs has been created for EVOHE products that are rich in actives specific to skin health, many containing anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial anti-oxidant properties and which target many skin ailments and conditions including acne, tissue wounds, rashes, burns, inflammation and irritation.
Here are the main herbs found in the EVOHE product range, along with key benefits:
- The major actives of green tea are polyphenolic compounds known as catechins which are well-documented for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Topical green tea application may reduce sun damage, reduce inflammation, enhance sun protection when used in addition to a sunscreen and slow down the development of some signs of aging.
- Major active is silicon. Horsetail contains the highest amount of all plants. Silica is an important trace element for the body assisting in binding protein molecules together in tissues such as the blood vessels, other connective tissues in the human body and maintenance of the skeletal system.
- Beneficial in the treatment of irritated skin and skin conditions like eczema, all manners of cuts and wounds, sores and ulcers, chilblains and related problems.
- Nettle is rich in chlorophyll, and a good source of beta carotene; vitamins A, C, and E; tannins; iron; calcium; phosphates; and various other minerals, especially silica. The active ingredients include water-soluble polysaccharides that stimulate the immune system, and large protein-sugar molecules known as lectins. The entire plant may be used in various medicinal preparations. (Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine, 2001, p1.)
- Beneficial as a restorative, anti-inflammatory skin and scalp treatment, for hypersensitive or stressed skin, to helps combat irritations, redness, itching, improves skin conditions in sensitive areas.
- The active constituents of the oil are Borneol, bornyl acetate and other esters, a special camphor similar to that possessed by the myrtle, cineol, pinene and camphene.
- The actives in the oil are strongly antioxidant and currently being studied for their use in the treatment of cancers both internal and external – results show decreased activity in tumours including skin cancers when used in topical applications.
- Sage oil’s major actives are the chemical substances alpha- and beta-thujone, camphor, and cineole as well as other constituents including rosmarinic acid, tannins, and flavonoids.
- Like Rosemary, the oil contains strong anti oxidant properties which may assist in delaying the aging process and in reducing the harmful effects of free radicals. Recent clinical studies also indicate that the oil may offer antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral effects.
- The Volatile oil is rich in sesquiterpene lactones and alkamides and is believed to contain strong anti-inflammatory,antiseptic properties as well as astringent tannins. Also contains silica which helps in repairing damaged or worn out tissues in the body.
- Beneficial in the treatment of cuts and wounds, burns and ulcers as well as swollen, irritated or inflamed skin.