No products in the cart.
Corn fritter with avocado salsa and leafy greens
1 small sweet potato or kumara grated
3 cobs of organic corn, kernels removed
3 spring onions sliced finely
1 bunch of coriander, sliced finely (using only the root and stem
of the coriander keeping the leaves aside)
Bunch of leafy greens
2 tsp of cumin powder (added at the end)
Coconut oil to fry
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a pan on medium heat saute sweet potato, corn in
coconut oil (not browning, slightly sweating) this will take 3-4
minutes season with salt and pepper.
2. Turn off the heat, add coriander, spring onion to the pan, stir
through, tasting to adjust seasoning if needed.
3. Remove from the pan, set aside in a bowl.
Batter for fritters
11/2 cups of Beson flour
1 tsp of aluminum free gluten free baking powder
1 cup of filtered water
50ml of good quality olive oil
Balsamic and maple dressing
25ml of balsamic
20ml of maple
1. Combine beson flour, baking powder, water,
olive oil in a high-speed blender or Vitamix blend briefly to make
a batter. Scraping down the sides of the blender.
2. Combine your batter to the veggies, into the bowl, lastly add
the cumin mix well, taste, adjust seasoning.
3. Heat a pan on medium/high heat with coconut oil, ladle 1/3
cup at a time per fritter onto the pan lifting to check for slight
browning, when its ready to flip, fritters should look pitted with
small holes, then flip and cook the other side. (Only flipping once)
2 large ripe avocadoes
1 tsp of cumin powder
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup of freshly chopped coriander leaves
juice of 1/2 a lime
1. Mash all ingredients in a bowl, taste to adjust seasoning, serve
with breakfast corn fritters. Drizzle of dressing and salad greens.
Recipe provided by Chef Cynthia Louise – www.chefcynthialouise.com