No products in the cart.
During breast cancer chemotherapy treatment, skin, hair, and nails may become brittle, dry, and sensitive. Treatment affects cell turnover, meaning that the current cells of your skin may not be getting renewed like normal. Products that contain ingredients that stimulate cell renewal and contain anti-cancer properties are the best to use while undergoing treatment.
Some ingredients to look out for are Rice Bran & Rosemary:
- Rice Bran is high in antioxidants and contains vitamins that work to improve blood circulation and sitmulate cell turnover.
- Rosemary has actives that are strongly antioxidant and is currently being studied for its effectiveness in treatment of cancers.
There are also things that can help to lessen the effects from the treatments on your skin.
- Ensure you are eating healthy foods and drinking lots of water.
- Inspect your skin daily for any signs of redness, swelling or discomfort.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes.
- Wear soft fabrics, like cotton. Avoid synthetic fabrics and heavy wool.
- Avoid extreme temperatures e.g. hot water bottles, ice packs, hair dryers
- Bathe in lukewarm water rather than hot water.
- Gently pat the skin dry with a soft towel…do not rub.
- Ensure that skin folds are kept dry.
- Check with your doctor before using any soaps, perfumes, deodorants, talcum powders, creams or cosmetics on the treated area.
- Protect your skin from sunlight.
- Shaving the treatment area should only be done using an electric razor.
EVOHE Testimonials from Breast Cancer Survivors
“In 2009, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. My treatment consisted of breast conserving surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. When discussing my radiotherapy treatment with my oncologist and her staff, they recommended I use sorbolene cream on my breast to help reduce the redness caused by the treatment. My skin as never responded well to sorbelene as it doesn’t absorb and leaves a slimy ﬁlm. The challenge presented was to ﬁnd a product that did not contain any alcohol or acid. Only one product I researched passed this test – EVOHE. I purchased the Foam Wash and used this religiously before and after each treatment. After treatment and each night I moisturised my breast with Omega Body. Six months after all treatment was completed, I visited my surgeon who was amazed my skin was soft and smooth (according to him, radiotherapy can leave skin wrinkled like a prune). He told me to keep using the products. My scar is barely visible and I still use the above mentioned EVOHE products as well as many of the others available as they are without doubt the best I have ever used. During cancer treatment, I believe it is important for women to feel conﬁdent and beautiful as this period of your life can rob you of these feelings. Looking after your skin with products that assist in these areas is vital. I found EVOHE did this for me. Incidentally, my daughter-in-law underwent an operation a few months ago and her surgeon told her to use EVOHE on her scar – smart man.” – Ros, QLD
“I had my first experience with EVOHE around 2 years ago. I was diagnosed with Breast cancer and my family put together some money for me to be pampered. Since that time I have used EVOHE exclusively and will continue to use these beautiful products. I began to blend Omega 3.6.9 and Repair Intensive together for my face and also on my scarring and have had great results. I very rarely now get a pimple and have had many people comment on how good my skin looked during Chemotherapy, radiation and again recently. One of my favourite products is the Body Mist, it is beautifully refreshing, and smells amazing. I also use it instead of conditioner and as a styling agent in my hair. All of the EVOHE products are beautiful, completely natural and I have had many people comment on my skin since I began using it. Thank you so much EVOHE!” – Lyn, QLD