No products in the cart.
Now that we’re heading into Autumn & slowly waving goodbye to the Summer heat – although not so much here on the sunny Gold Coast 😉 it’s time to re-evaluate your hair and skin routine. After surviving the Summer, your skin can go through a major change period where hydration is more important than ever, both for the inside…and outside! Here are some of our tips to keep both nourished and balanced as we say So Long to Summer:
Make drinking water a part of your morning routine!
A little tip we’ve learnt over the years, is to keep a full water bottle next to your bed. This way when you wake in the morning, it’s the first thing that you see. Not only does it help your insides by flushing out toxins, aiding digestion, losing weight and transporting nutrients…it helps with the overall appearance of your skin – adding brightness, hydration and glow! Continuing this commitment to staying hydrated during the day is the key to keeping everything in balance.
If you find yourself struggling to get in your required H20, try keeping water bottles around the house or around your workplace. This will keep your water intake in the forefront of your mind and encourage you to stay hydrated. If this still isn’t enough, or it’s not possible in your surroundings, try setting an hourly reminder in your phone to take a drink (and a break from the screen!). You can even add in a slice of lemon to make your water a little bit more enticing 😉
Keep environmental elements away from your skin.
We know after a busy day at work, cleaning your face can feel near impossible. But making a commitment to wash your face no matter how tired you are is super beneficial. Cleaning the environmental debris away is essential to avoid congestion and other skin issues. Make sure to finish with a moisturiser that provides a protective barrier from this and the colder weather – we recommend our Repair Intensive. If you feel like your skin needs an even bigger moisture boost, try spritzing with our Mist to keep moisture levels high.
Make sure you protect your body and your hands too. These often require a bit more attention + extra moisture during Autumn to keep cracked skin and dryness under control. Our recommendation would be the Body Mist or Omega Body depending on your skins needs.
Sterilise your surroundings.
When was the last time you cleaned your phone or your computer?
Autumn is the season for sickness, avoid the ickies by giving everything you touch on a daily basis a good clean over. Think phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheels etc. and especially anything that you share with others.
Relax and treat yourself!
It’s easy to forget the simple nourishing luxury of a nice warm bath. Take the time to pamper yourself and de-stress. Add in a few drops of Harmonie Oil and Omega Body for a relaxing scent plus some extra hydration for your body.
Finish your relaxing evening by putting the kettle on. Not only is tea warm and delicious on a cooler night…many teas also contain health-boosting antioxidants. The best thing? Most herbal teas don’t contain any caffeine, so you don’t have to worry about them ruining your zen mode after your relaxing bath. Try our favourites – Rooibos or Oolong.
Keep your skin nourished.
These are perfect for avoiding the dulness and overall drab feeling that rears its head during Autumn. Get your glow back with the above products and don’t forget about your hands, cuticles and hair as well as your face & body. Here are some of our favourite tips/features:
- Contains a high concentration of antibacterial herbs which is great to help any lingering bug bites or assist with psoriasis and eczema.
- Eliminates dead skin in a no nonsense, convenient spray lotion.
- Use as a leave-in conditioner for silky smooth locks (especially great for beach hair) or as a general body deoderiser for when you’re on-the-go.
- Try adding a teaspoon of Omega Body with your favourite shampoo or conditioner for an extra hydration boost form roots to ends.
- Use on your cuticles to keep your nails healthy and strong – don’t forget to massage under the nails as well!
- Use as a leave-in hair treatment to assist with dry ends or dry scalp.
- Losing your glowing Summer tan? Try mixing with EVOHE Bronze for a natural sun-kissed glow.
- Keep a mini size on your desk at work or home for quick hydration that absorbs instantly (no greasy keyboards…yay!).
- No deoderant handy? The Repair Intensive is full of antibacterial and antifungal ingredients to keep you fresh and balanced.
- Soothe any bites, scratches, cuts, cold sores, sunburn, blisters etc. with this mult-purpose super potent, healing formula – it’s definitely one you want to chuck in the handbag.
- Soothe any irritations from sunburn to acne with potent anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- Great to bring travelling or just to chuck in your handbag for some refreshing and calming spritzing.
- Gives an extra hydration boost to skin – great for under or over makeup.